Manager, MONTREAL Regional Office
- Montréal, Québec, Canada
- A discuter
- Job category: Directeur régional
- Post date:8 Jul 2020
- Share job:
This role is located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: https://www.munichre.com/HSBBII
Reporting directly to the Director, Regional Offices and Insurance Operations, the Manager, Montreal Regional Office will be responsible for the management of our Montreal Sales and Service Office. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the underwriting and growth of our profitable book of Equipment Breakdown and Specialty Lines Insurance, as well as partner with key industry leaders both internally and externally in executing business development initiatives for the Regional Office and Company.
- Championing leadership in the effective organizational and operational management of the Montreal Regional Office in conjunction with head office initiatives.
- Lead new business growth and high retention of an existing book of business in the region.
- Proactive involvement in maintaining a high profile for the Company through relationships with Brokers, Client Companies, and Insureds; attend industry functions and events.
- Preside over effective compliance of underwriting guidelines and procedures
- Serve in a management role providing leadership to a highly motivated sales and service team, resulting in quality service and outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Oversee key negotiations to ensure profitable business development and management to achieve Company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the development and retention of the highest caliber of staff for the Regional Office.
- Principal Regional Office lead in the reporting of financial metrics and regional activities on an ad hoc and scheduled basis.
- University Degree or College Business Diploma
- CIP designation, FCIP considered an asset
- 7 to 10 years of P&C Insurance experience with a background primarily in underwriting and sales
- 3 to 5 years management experience in a leadership role
- Energetic with a team approach to motivating staff and a results oriented style in customer service
- Strong background in reporting to and working with key industry leaders both internal and external
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance experience an asset
- Bilingual in French and English
- Flexibility to travel on an as needed basis