Are you looking to be a part of a growing and dynamic team within a leading national life insurance company?
SSQ Insurance in seeking a seasoned bilingual/non bilingual disability case manager to manage a mixture of short and long-term disability claims. As a disability case manager, you will be responsible for managing a case load of claims, making decisions on these claims, reviewing medical documentation, building return to work plans, liaising with rehab, and providing excellent customer service to claimants and all other parties involved.
*This role provides you with the opportunity to work from home full time during COVID19 including a full IT set up.
*This role is available in GTA, Ottawa, Sudbury, Halifax, Calgary and Vancouver.
- Analyzes all information relevant to determining SSQ’s obligations: contract provisions, medical proof, non-medical factors, government programs, legislation, internal policies and procedures.
- Contacts all the agents involved in a given file to obtain all relevant information and provides them with the decisions and action plans related to settlement requests.
- Makes appropriate and careful selection and use of internal and external interventions: cases referred to our consulting physicians, the supervisor, a rehabilitation firm, a medical expert, a residual capacities evaluation firm, an investigation firm, a reinsurer, etc.
- Interacts with external agents so that they respect the objectives and budgets provided and makes sure the intervention is progressing well.
- Provides customer service on files assigned to him/her by answering calls from all parties who are involved in the files.
- Develops and implements interventions that reduce the duration of disabilities.
- Interacts with the relevant computer systems to update data and make payments, when applicable, taking contract details and internal directives into account.
- Participates in meetings with policyholders for a critical review of files as required.
- Recommends measures destined to improve the sector’s service and productivity performance.
- Proactively acquires and improves knowledge of tools, policies, processes, products and services.
- Carries out certain technical and administrative tasks to support file management.
- Collaborates on specific projects, upon request.
- Carries out any other administrative tasks upon request.
- College or University degree, specifically in Administration, Kinesiology or Health sciences is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in disability claims adjudication and disability claim management within a life insurance company
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and French
- Strong knowledge of insurance contracts
- Able to work independently and collaboratively at all levels
- Strong organizational skills
- Good analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to adapt to change and quickly integrate new knowledge
- Willingness to collaborate in reaching common objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities
*Work from home after COVID19 is not guaranteed, and is based on adequate individual performance and training requirements
Why you should apply:
- Opportunity to join a growing team and company that is expanding nationally.
- Excellent flex group benefit plans available.
- Defined benefit pension plan.
- Competitive base salary and bonus.
- Excellent vacation allowances.
- Monthly public transportation reimbursement